Dr. Conrad Murray’s Defense: Michael Jackson Killed Himself
Posted by Media Outrage on April 5, 2010
Dr. Conrad Murray is using every low down tactic he can conjure up in order to avoid growing older in somebody’s prison cell.
Multiple sources familiar with the strategy tell TMZ the defense argument goes like this:
– At around 10:50 AM, Dr. Murray gave Jackson 25 mg of Propofol from a 20 ml bottle — that’s only about 1/8 of the bottle.
– The dose Dr. Murray administered would keep someone asleep for only 5 to 10 minutes, But the Propofol, along with the Ativan and Versed that was already in MJ’s system, had a synergistic effect that put Jackson to sleep for a longer period of time.
– For the next hour, Dr. Murray stayed in the room and was on the phone for much of the time. Dr. Murray didn’t leave the room to make the calls because MJ liked activity in the room, regularly sleeping with the lights on and cartoons blaring on the TV.
– At around noon, Dr. Murray left the room for approximately two minutes to go to the bathroom. While he was gone, the defense believes Jackson suddenly awakened and was frustrated he had spent nearly 9 hours trying in vain to sleep. The defense theory — Jackson took the 20 ml bottle of Propofol and self-injected the remaining contents through the IV, causing a massive overdose that stopped his heart.
– Dr. Murray walked back in the room and saw Jackson with his eyes open and pupils dilated. Dr. Murray dropped the phone (he was speaking with his girlfriend) and began administering CPR.
The defense will argue Michael Jackson was a long-time Propofol addict — something TMZ first reported shortly after the singer’s death. As one source said, Jackson liked the sensation of Propofol being administered by IV, adding, “Michael liked to push it.”
L.A. County Coroner‘s investigators took a picture in the room, showing an empty Propofol bottle on the floor, underneath the nightstand by Jackson’s bed. The defense will argue Jackson grabbed the bottle from the nightstand, injected himself and then dropped the bottle.
Ed Chernoff, Murray’s attorney, could not be reached for comment.
TMZ broke the story that Dr. Murray’s defense will be that Michael Jackson caused his own death by pumping a lethal dose of Propofol into his own body during the time the doctor was out of the room.
Sources familiar with the defense strategy tell us one of the missions is to show that Michael Jackson was a demanding celebrity who wanted what he wanted when he wanted it, even if it posed a danger to himself.
One of the ways the defense will prove its point is with the famous soft drink. Jackson consumed massive quantities of Coca-Cola, knowing full well it was laden with caffeine and would make it next to impossible to fall asleep.
Our sources say the defense has numerous examples of situations where Jackson hyped himself up with caffeine from soda and then used drugs — including Propofol — as the ultimate sleeping solution.
The upshot — Jackson was a guy who wanted instant gratification … so the notion that he would wake up when Dr. Murray was out of the room, become frustrated and self-medicate with Propofol is consistent with his personality.
Mediaoutrage– Your thoughts??